COVID-19 and Race Update
July 29, 2020
2020 RUN AT THE PARK UPDATE/EVENT CANCELLATION
To All Participants and Supporters of the Run at the Park 5K/10K:
When races began to cancel and postpone in the Spring, we believed that the 2020 Run at the Park 5K/10K would still be possible on September 26. And, over the past few months, we were optimistic that the Run at the Park could go on as planned, going so far as to submit an action plan outlining our modifications for CDC compliance in the age of COVID. But, with COVID cases trending in the wrong direction and the situation seeming to get worse by the day, we received notification today that the city of Rancho Cucamonga will be rescinding all event permits through at least the end of September. So, it is with a heavy heart, that we announce that the Run at the Park (like so many other events this year) is canceled.
We have not reached this decision easily, but we have always had the safety and well-being of everyone involved as our top priority. We are all in this together, and we share in your disappointment.
Registered athletes will be able to choose from four options:
Defer registration to the 2021 Run at the Park
Transfer registration to The Mt. Baldy Challenge (https://www.mtbaldychallenge.com/)
Transfer registration to The 5 Mile Fitness Challenge (https://www.5milefitnesschallenge.com/)
Request a refund
We ask that you notify us of your decision by August 12, 2020, so that we can process decisions as quickly as possible for all participants.
And, Yes, we have already started planning for 2021 and expect the Run at the Park to be back and better than ever!
June 22, 2020
We would like to begin by thanking our runners, local communities, and sponsors for making Rancho Racing what it is today. We appreciate the ongoing support and patience through this unprecedented time. As we continue to navigate around the ever-changing state and federal guidelines, we want to ensure you, we are committed to the safety of our runners, staff, and sponsors.
Rancho Racing was built with the goal of keeping people active and engaged in their local communities. We continue to work diligently with local and state governments to determine our next move, and the possibility of hosting our events this Fall. We understand that some of these decisions may have to be made last-minute which does not make things easy for anyone, so your continued patience is appreciated. To help ease some of these decisions and possible frustration we have put the following into action:
Minimum 30-day notice on any cancellation, postponement, or approval of an event
If you are already registered for an event and we are required to cancel or postpone, we will offer 3 options:
Race transfer to a virtual option, so you can still earn race swag
Race deferment to 2021
Race transfer to a future Rancho Racing event
REFUND POLICY: Unfortunately, we must plan for our races according to the number of athletes registered, so we will not be offering refunds to any event cancelled or postponed due to Covid-19. Although the races may not be allowed to happen in-person, registration monies are allocated for marketing, and event materials, like shirts, medals, bibs, etc.
If a runner prefers to be guaranteed a refund (rather than take one of the above listed options), he/she should consider purchasing race insurance. All our in-person events offer Registration Protection as part of the registration process. We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and hope that this provides some peace of mind to all our runners.
Please continue to check back in with us before each event. Once we get updates from each governing body where races are located, we will be updated our race webpages.
Thank you again everyone for your continued support and patience. Please stay safe and healthy. See you on the trails real soon!
Race Director/ Owner